3.28.2014

Life of a Blogger

Happy Friday, friends new and old! I feel like you guys already know a lot about me, but there have been more of you since I started consistently participating in Jaime and Erin's What's Up Wednesday updates.

So, when I saw the Life of a Blogger feature post by Kelly on the book blog Effortlessly Reading, I thought it'd be fun to do a post too. I'm taking a page from Kelly's book though and covering topics from the past month or so. (I'm also posting on a Friday since we don't usually blog on Thursdays.)


Life Of A Blogger was conceived by and hosted by Jessi from Novel Heartbeat. It's a feature to let people know more about our lives outside of blogging. The list of topics can be found at Novel Heartbeat.

Introvert or extrovert?
While the lines on this can be blurred, I am definitely more of an introvert, though I hear I present like an extrovert. I'm friendly! I just am not all that comfortable in social situations and find it can be draining. Quiet time is happy time for me. :)

Guilty pleasures
1) Time-wasting online games. Right now? 2048 and its many spin-offs like...the Dr. Who version or the Tom Hiddleston version

2) Crime dramas. I love Criminal Minds and the Law & Order (SVU is the last one standing) shows, and I particularly love Elementary right now. (Then there's the other not-strictly crime dramas like Sherlock and Hannibal, but I'm leaving those off.) But these aside, I will pretty much watch / find entertainment in any crime drama. The only one I couldn't really get into was NCIS (sorry fans).

3) Cartoons. Sort of in that I actually don't watch these all that often, but I do get into them every once in a while. Like that one time in college when I basically binge-watched all of Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, and The Justice League series. I was also quite enjoying the more recent Young Justice, and of course, I found myself loving Star Wars: The Clone Wars because it's actually good storytelling and way more fun than the prequels were. So, it should be no surprise I'm excited about the upcoming Star Wars: Rebels. Other than that, I also ocassionally watch Adventure Time and Teen Titans Go.

Camping
Nope. Never been. Not even in my back yard. I have some curiosity but I dislike bugs. Like a lot.

What’s your favorite place?
I can't pick just one. I love lots of places. At home, I like this one corner of the couch because that's my reading spot.

Travel
Get ready because I've been a lot of places. My mom used to be a travel agent and loves to travel, so family trips were a staple of my childhood. My family also does the Chinese tour bus kind of vacations, which is essentially a whirlwind of tourist efficiency. You do stuff like go to 7 countries in 10 days. So keep that in mind when you see this list.

STATES

  • California (various places as this is my home state)
  • Washington (Seattle & my relative's place)
  • Oregon (Cape Sebastian, Portland)
  • Arizona (Grand Canyon, Sedona)
  • Las Vegas, Nevada

  • Utah, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota (part of a Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain, Mt. Rushmore bus tour)
  • Chicago, Illinois (for work!)
The Bean at Millennium Park
  • New York City, New York
  • NorthEast: NYC; Boston, Massachusetts; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Washington DC (part of a Niagara Falls, US NE bus tour)

NORTH AMERICA
  • Canada: Vancouver, Montreal, Lake Louise, Niagara Falls (included in various bus tours)
  • Ensenada- Baja California, Mexico

EUROPE
  • London, UK
  • Paris, France
Harry Potter Studio Tour: Hogwarts model [Photo: Sis]
Carousel by Eiffel Tower [Photo: Sis]
  • Brussels, Belgium
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • Germany: kind of all over the place, mostly thanks to the 2 weeks I spent there on my high school Germany trip + 2 family vacations that stopped in a few cities.
  • Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria
    East Side Gallery, Berlin Wall
  • Austria: Salzburg, Vienna
  • Ljubljana, Slovenia
  • Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
  • Budapest, Hungary
  • Prague, Czech Republic
Sunset over Prague

EAST ASIA
  • China: also a number of places because we were on a bus tour - Beijing, the Great Wall, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Guangzhou...
  • Hong Kong skyline
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • Taiwan: all over because of visiting relatives + my summer internship - in particular, Taipei, Tainan, Kenting, & briefly Kaohsiung and Taichung

Chikan Towers, Tainan

Favorite animals
Tigers, wolves, dogs, bunnies, horses, pandas, crows
Magical: dragons, unicorns

Of course, Loki is my #1 favorite animal.

So tell me about you! Happy weekend!

No comments: