This blog isn't exclusively for book reviewing, but we do post reviews when we've felt strongly enough about the book one way or the other to write about it. We strive to be honest and even-handed, hence the length of many of our reviews. We try to cover both what we liked and didn't like, what worked for us and what didn't. None of it is personal, except for our feelings about the books.
We don't receive compensation for any reviews. Books are generally either borrowed, won from giveaways, or self-bought. ARCs from publishers are received in return for an honest review. We will note otherwise if we have received books from other places.
Fantasy/Sci-Fi (though more fantasy than sci-fi) and all their sub-genres (steampunk, dystopian, fairy tale retellings, urban fantasy, paranormal, etc.), but we're open to reading practically anything really. Recently, our reading lists have been mostly filled with YA paranormals, fantasies, and dystopians.
Please see the list below for an idea of the kinds of books we liked or check our goodreads pages to see what our recent reads have been.
- The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
- The Scorpio Races (Maggie Stiefvater)
- The Raven Boys (Maggie Stiefvater)
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone series (Laini Taylor)
- Graceling (Kristin Cashore)
- Anna Dressed in Blood (Kendare Blake)
- The Demon's Lexicon trilogy (Sarah Rees Brennan)
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Mary E. Pearson)
- The Montmaray Journals series (Michelle Cooper)
- Code Name Verity (Elizabeth Wein)
- Seraphina (Rachel Hartman)
- The Son of Neptune (Rick Riordan)
- Wonder (R.J. Palacio)
- The Song of Achilles (Madeline Miller)
- The Parasol Protectorate series (Gail Carriger)
- I Want My Hat Back (Jon Klassen)