Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. Click the banner or the link previous for more information on the intensive.
We're checking in every Monday, and the link-up will be on the host blogs. This is the first week of updates!
1. How I did on last week’s goals
- Write for 15 min every day. Worst week yet. I think I did maybe 2 out of 7.
- Start next beta read. Not yet.
- Finish up SDCC-related crafting. Did not finish but did work on it. Must finish by Wednesday.
- Go to the gym/exercise at least 2 times a week. Yes!
- Get more sleep. Somewhat better. Have managed to get to bed earlier 3x this week.
2. My goal(s) for this week
- Write for at least 15 min every day before heading out to SDCC.
- Start next beta read (probably while waiting in line).
- Get enough sleep to function for Comic Con!!
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
Squeezed in - my focus was missing most of last week because of upcoming SDCC preparation and this past long weekend festivities. The writing I managed was squeezed into the spare moments I had and whenever inspiration struck.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
Time! So much going on that I've been pressed to find time to just relax.
5. Something I love about my WiP
The characters are still surprising me, which is great because I always get more motivated when I learn something new about them.
How did you do with your goals this week?