"Currently..." updates will be every 2 weeks or so. Going to try to update on Tuesdays when Katy Upperman posts hers.
I found the Currently post at Kate Hart's blog, who got the idea from Amy Lukavics, who found it here. Please join in and link me in the comments if you do!
This is going to be a long one because I missed all of June and July!! Yikes!
My girl gang. If you follow me on Instagram, you know it's been a whirlwind since the end of May. I've gone on a few adventures with my best gal pals - namely, New Orleans and Comic-Con!
- NOLA - my first time in New Orleans and in the South. This was also a really spontaneous girls trip. We got caught in thundershowers, visited a gorgeous swamp and plantation, had my fortune told, ate our weight in delicious food, met up with one of my oldest blogging friends, and beignet every day.
- SDCC 2016 - met up with so many friends at the con this year. Did 2 days of cosplay, one of which was a group one with my gals. Did the Hall H thing with relatively little drama, got donuts from Bryan Fuller while in land, and got a new wand (Newt Scamanader's!) for swag. OMG, and there were Hamilton coplayers!!
ConSquad the sequel
Adventures at home - 4th of July fireworks! Outlander costume exhibit! Movies at the beach! Loki swimming!!
- The Cursed Child (just finished) - I don't know how I feel about it being the next bit of HP canon, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Wish the plot hadn't been so grand because the quieter, character thematic parts of the play were probably what I liked best.
- Jellicoe Road - I'm finally reading this!!
- This Savage Song
- Various Tarot Books
- The Olympics!
- Suicide Squad (recently) - I wanted this to be good so badly. Was I entertained? Sometimes, but honestly, I can't say because I left this movie feeling so much frustration that I can't honestly say my experience was good.
- Mr. Robot - so good. Seeing their presence in SD was one of the highlights of this Comic-Con.
- UnReal - the season finale was last night and OH. MY. GOD. I love this show. Seriously, if you haven't tried this show, do it.
- The Night Of - we just started this, and it is so stressful. It's about a guy who may or may not have committed a crime & the workings of the justice system starting from the night of the crime.
The Black Tapes podcast - to give me another creepy/intriguing thing to listen to other than LORE, I started The Black Tapes podcast in June and basically binge-listening to the entire first season. I'm all caught up with Season 2, and I am so obsessed! It's like Serial + LORE + supernatural mystery.
- My birthday! Starting today, it is the last week of my 20s. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??!
- 2017 when a bunch of my writer-Twitter friends are going to have books out!!
Teleportation was real so I can hang out with people who don't live near me! This desire is worse now because I've been spoiled by being able to meet up with online friends pretty often recently thanks to mutual traveling and things like Comic Con.
How much has changed in just this last year - like Hamilton! It is such a huge deal now. They've won 11 Tonys. They just celebrated their 1-year anniversary of their debut on Broadway, and so many of the original main Broadway cast has departed the show. This all blows my mind because it has only been a little over a year since this thing came into my life and changed it.
There have been some other life things happening personally and with friends and family too. I've been to spin class (who am I?), had my tarot read, built my first major costume prop (Rey's staff), and inadvertently cosplayed at SDCC.
Poe Squadron reporting for Hall H line duty earlier this morning! Han Yolo (& Chewbacca), x-wing pilots, Rey (& BB8)! . . #poesquadron #consquad #friends #sdcc2016 #sdcc #StarWars #hansolo #xwingpilots #rey #casualcosplay #cosplay #geekbound #ootd #wiw #geekchic #geekstyle #geekfashion #whatiwore #linecon #girlgang #geekgirls
MAKING ME HAPPY
- Summer! Ice cream, sunshine, bright colors, and unicorn floaties.
- Flight of the Conchords concert
- Learning the tarot - basically, a psychic in New Orleans was convinced I have untapped spiritual powers. So I'm trying to unlock them. Wish me luck. ;)
- Hammer + Sarah time!
- Celebrating nerdy things in nerdy ways - like all of Comic Con and midnight book release parties for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
What's up with you?