New year, new logo from Megan for her Five Fandom Friday!
5 Fandom Friday is a geek-blogger community building project started and hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick. Every Friday, post a top 5 list based on a predetermined topic that can be found on this master post - you can also find more info on the project there. Participate as frequently or infrequently as you like, and if a topic doesn't especially appeal to you, feel free to put your own twist on it.
Also, tweet at @thenerdygirlie on Friday with your post (and they'll RT) and use the #Fandom5 hashtag so we can all connect!
I'd be lost without all the incredible women in my life, especially my girl gang. So, of course, I'm all about celebrating women's friendships. Here are some fun things you can share with your squad for Galentine's Day.
1) Soul-Sister patches for your soul sisters. (These soul sisters are from Kodiak Milly)
2) Books about badass women and ride-or-die girl friends.
Heroine Complex stars Asian American super-heroines who are childhood friends. Plus, there are costume changes, gossip blogs, and demonic cupcakes.
TRUTHWITCH is about threadsisters trying to live their lives without upsetting the politically volatile landscape of a rich fantasy world. And the cutest side note about this novel is that it's kind of a tribute to author Susan Dennard's friendship with author Sarah J Maas.
A TYRANNY OF PETTICOATS is a YA anthology featuring amazing girls across America and through history.
Not pictured here, but one of my all time favorite badass girls who are besties books is CODE NAME VERITY! It features a spy and a pilot who become friends during World War II.
3) Tees/Tanks/Sweaters for the entire squad.
4) Donations to a charity supporting women/girls in your gal pals' names. (A few suggestions...)
- Girls Inc. - providing education programs encouraging girls to be bold and master challenges.
- National Women's Law Center - championing policies/laws that benefit girls and women.
- Planned Parenthood - providing reproductive education and affordable healthcare.
- The Malala Fund - advocating for girls' access to 12 years of safe, quality education.
5) Feminist art
Q4U: What are you getting your best gal pals?