12.11.2013

Name That Character Answers!

It's that time again, by which I mean that time to post the answers to Friday's Name That Character post.  Here we go!

10763598

1. Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
Her blue hair! Her sketch pad and pencil! I was going to draw
her necklace/bracelet of scuppies but it ended up looking
like she was wearing Lisa Simpson's pearls so I left them out.


Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)
2. Ismae from Grave Mercy by R. L. LaFevers.
Behold her extra special hairnet of poisoned pearls, AKA cool-sounding
but kind of impractical and not-utilized-to-its-fullest-extent plot device!
Also, featuring Ismae's miniature hideable-under-a-skirtable collapsible crossbow.


3236307
3. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore.
It's kind of hard to see, but she does have a green eye and a blue eye.
Unfortunately, I don't know if I put them on the correct sides.


10429092
4. Fat Princess Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson.
Okay, I admit it. I just like drawing Elisa as a fat happy princess regardless of context.
This time though she has her sparkly blue bellybutton-Godstone!


2767052
5. Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Braid! Bow and arrow! Mockingjay pin! Expressionless face!

How well did you fare in this round of Name That Character?  Next time, I'll have to try one that's all dudes and another that's all supporting characters.

As an aside, I've been stuck reading Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas for weeks now and finally had to return Krispy's library book since she couldn't renew it for me anymore.  I just couldn't force my way through it but I still feel obligated to do so since I read the first one and got a decent chunk into this one.  Krispy has been dying to tell me All the Things and I have been putting her off spoiling me--but should I let her?  Tell me!  (You can imagine the latter in a Loki voice.  TELL MEEEEEEE!)


P.S. If any of you are still looking for holiday presents for your loved ones, check out these helpful Buzzfeed lists written by our very own Krispy and the Sister.

For those with a case of wanderlust, 15 Travel Themed Gifts to Give Your Favorite Globetrotter by the Sister.

2 comments:

Laura S. said...

I love everything Laini Taylor writes! Great drawing of the blue-haired Karou.

Those Buzzfeed posts are great! I wrote a post about some things writers may want, need, wear, read. It could give you some ideas for your Christmas list, or to get for your sister!!

Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

linda said...

your doodles are SO AWESOME.