5.27.2011

Foodie Friday: Foods of Taiwan

Oh, I managed an alliterative title and everything! As promised, I have another picture-filled post of the delicious morsels I gorged myself on in Taiwan during the trips I took in recent years. They may make you hungry. You have been warned.

Taiwan: Food

Drinks
Pink Boba (tapioca balls) to go in Milk Tea


Chrysanthemum tea with Ai Yu & Boba Milk Tea


Street Food

Popular street food dish: oyster omelette
Taiwanese Sausages

Actual Food

Tu Hsiao Yueh: a famous noodle place originating from Tainan


Tu Hsiao Yueh's signature dish: Dan Dan noodles
Tu Hsiao Yueh dishes

Din Tai Fung: signature dish xiaolongbao (dumplings with soup in them)

Split Pot Hot-Pot: You get 2 different broths to cook things in!
Desserts
Douhua (soft tofu dessert) with boba

Grass Jelly with various toppings

Donuts at Mister Donut, a Japanese donut chain

My favorite: snowflake shaved ice! (The shaved ice is extra fine and super fluffy!)

Gigantic regular shaved ice w/ fruit topping.

This place is famous for giant bowls of shaved ice, as you can see.

That's all! Hope you enjoyed this food tour. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! What are you up to this weekend? Have I wetted your appetite?



P.S. Sophia and I will be trying very hard to figure out technology this weekend so we can give you a vlog when you all come back! We're still open to questions!

7 comments:

Connie Keller said...

I love shaved iced! But I haven't had it in years. Mmmm...happy food thoughts.

Juliana L. Brandt said...

All of that food is so beautiful and delicious looking!

Tere Kirkland said...

*drools*

Please stop with the food posts, already, I'm about to blow off work to run to the west bank for Ai Yu. ;)

Kidding, of course, I love these posts! Have a great weekend and good luck with the vlog post.

Lydia Kang said...

Dude. You're killing me.

(*stomach growling*)

ali cross said...

Beautiful photographs! I'd maybe try some of those dishes. ;)

Emy Shin said...

These look absolutely DELICIOUS. *drools*

Loren Chase said...

I really didn't like the adaptation from Ella Enchanted. (As an adaptation) I was so excited for the movie because I loved the book so much and it really disappointed me. But as a movie by itself it was okay lol.

And this post made me so hungry!!! Bubble tea!! And that oyster omelette looked really good. I want some Taiwanese food now! ;)

~Loren