8.24.2010

MOCKINGJAY!


MOCKINGJAY is out today! Sadly, I am working and so cannot be huddled on a couch somewhere, furiously flipping through pages to find out what happens next. (Please, no spoilers!)

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and join in the interwebby celebration!

I'm celebrating work-appropriately with an all black outfit, accented by a gold bird pin given to me by a friend. It's not a mockingjay because sadly, I don't have one of these, but it'll do (and I love it besides). And of course, there's a hint of gold eyeliner. (CINNA!)

Also, Team Katniss FTW!

(courtesy of Galleysmith.com)
Here's why:
1. She's fierce.
2. She's independent.
3. She doesn't need a man. And anyway...
4. She wears the pants in the relationship triangle.
5. She's not afraid of carbs or eating with her hands.
6. She's a fighter and a survivor.
7. She can shoot you in the eye with an arrow...in the dark.
8. She will claw you in the face if you piss her off.
9. She's a BAMF.
10. She's the girl on fire.

I haven't been this excited about a book release since Harry Potter! So with that, I leave you with this randomly related discussion between Alz and my sister over Twitter about hand-made manatee toys.


Sister: i think i want to make HUNGER GAME-ateess! the green one will be katniss. orange = peeta

Alz: So will the Katniss one have a braid & a bow & arrow motif while the Peeta one has a loaf of bread sewn onto its belly?

Sister: Katniss will have a mockingjay sewn on it (which you will do since i am not skilled) HAAH peeta one sounds good.

Krispy: We agree though that Alz will have to make Cinnatee because he needs to be pretty/fabulous.

P.S. Don't forget, I'm giving away a copy of The Hunger Games, sharks, and a pretty journal!

2 comments:

Lydia Kang said...

I am an unashamed Katniss fan too. Yep.

Nayuleska said...

Yay for Mockingjay!

(I um didn't realise there was a team Katniss hence I was team Peeta. So I'm switching to Katniss!)

I have it...I haven't read it yet. I'll reach it in half a book's time :)