Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. Click the banner or the link previous for more information on the intensive.
We're checking in every Monday, and the link-up will be on the host blogs. This is the first week of updates!
1. How I did on last week’s goals
- Write for 15 min every day. Still struggling to write every single day, but have managed to get words down at least on the weekends. I think I also figured out a major strand of character motivation, so that's going to be helpful!
- Finish a beta read and send notes. Done!
- Start next beta read. Not yet.
- Go to the gym/exercise at least 2 times a week. Yes! Did longer sessions too. Yay!
- Get more sleep. Need to do better on this. I actually had a lapse from exhaustion this weekend, which was not fun. Fingers crossed I get better at this before Comic Con because that's going to be even more not-sleeping. :P
2. My goal(s) for this week
- Write for 15 min every day
- Start next beta read
- Finish up SDCC-related crafting
- Go to the gym/exercise at least 2 times a week
- Get more sleep
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
Slowly but surely - it was a somewhat less frustrating week. The writing hasn't been coming any easier, but as I mentioned above, I think I figured out something about one of the main character relationships. Hoping this leads to an easier time drafting.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
Focus. Lots of things vying for my attention this past week. Every time I think things are going to slow down, it picks right back up. See the not getting enough sleep part.
5. Something I love about my WiP
Complicated relationships - or at least I hope they'll be once I get through with them.
How did you do with your goals this week?
P.S. Sorry I didn't really make my RSW rounds last week. Will try to do better this week, and please know that I am cheering all of you on and really appreciate your support. *huggles*