(New Graphic by Darling Stewie)
5 Fandom Friday is a geek-blogger community building project started and hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick. Every Friday, post a top 5 list based on a predetermined topic that can be found on this master post - you can also find more info on the project there. Participate as frequently or infrequently as you like, and if a topic doesn't especially appeal to you, feel free to put your own twist on it.
Also, tweet at @superspacechick or @thenerdygirlie on Friday with your post (and they'll RT) and use the #Fandom5 hashtag so we can all connect!
This week's theme: Characters With My Favorite Fictional Fashion (via @1CuriousWrite)
It's been a while since I've done a Fandom 5 post, but I was excited about this topic because I love clothes! My mind went to book characters first, but once I remembered TV counted too, picking my 5 was easy.
1) Felicity Smoak (TV: Arrow) - Felicity immediately popped into my mind because I love her clothes. They're colorful, fun, and cover the range of casual to cute to chic to sexy.
2) Celaena Sardothien (Book: Throne of Glass series) - Not only is this girl an assassin, she's also a bona fide fashionista. Whenever she has to get dressed up for a ball, her gowns sound like they're straight off the couture runway - and I love how the series' book covers reflect Celaena's dual sense of style. Badass assassin to style icon.
3) Joan Watson (TV: Elementary) - From the very beginning, Lucy Liu's modern, genderbent Watson has been effortlessly chic. Season 1's Watson mostly wore clean neutrals, but as the seasons have progressed, she's started wearing bolder patterns and more color. Whatever she wears though, she always makes me want to raid her closet.
4) Violet White (Book: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea) - Violet's wardrobe is perfect for what she is - a modern Gothic heroine. She lives in a crumbling mansion by the sea, has absent artist parents, and gets caught up with someone tall, dark, and handsome. Her clothes are a mix of paint-splattered coveralls and camisoles and her dead grandmother's vintage blouses and skirts.
5) Charlotte "Chuck" Charles (TV: Pushing Daisies) - Pushing Daisies is one of my favorite shows (gone too soon, alas!), and part of its charm was its unapologetic use of design and color. Particularly to-die-for (haha) were Chuck's outfits. Everything she wore was some combination of saturated color, playful patterns, and retro silhouettes, and it was all bright, bold, and bee-autiful!
|This is basically my dream closet.|
Which fictional character's wardrobe do you drool over?