Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. Click the banner or the link previous for more information on the intensive.
We're checking in every Monday, and the link-up will be on the host blogs. This is the first week of updates!
1. How I did on last week’s goals
- Write for 15 min every day. I didn't manage the 15 minutes every day, but I got 3 out of 7! Didn't do better this week in terms of getting daily writing into a habit, but I did write more on one of those days to try to make up for it.
- Finish a beta read and send notes. Nearly finished the read. Still need to send notes.
- Start next beta read. Not yet.
- Get more sleep. Unfortunately, no. Busy, busy week. I did, however, go get a foot massage, so yay for that!
2. My goal(s) for this week
As with last week, I'm adding in a few non-writing goals.
- Write for 15 min every day
- Start next beta read
- Go to the gym/exercise at least 2 times a week.
- Get more sleep
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
Frustrating - the writing has been tough going this week, and I kind of hate the words I managed, but I think I've just got to go through it.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
I think finding energy and time to write will be a theme of this section - at least for the next few weeks. Comic Con is on the horizon, which is always busy-making, and there's a lot of moving and shaking happening at work, which adds to this stress.
5. Something I love about my WiP
Since my WIP is a semi-retelling of Cinderella, it's always fun for me to play with the elements of the fairytale - what to twist, what to keep, what to dump.
How did you do with your goals this week?