6.24.2011

Randomosity on Fridays

I feel the need to blast Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" right now because I am SO READY for the weekend!

Here's my Friday 5!

1. Tonight, I'm finally going to meet 2 Blogger friends IN REAL LIFE. I've been cyberstalking chatting and reading their writing since like college. So this is exciting times! I hope it doesn't turn horribly awkward...

2. Tomorrow (June 25), I'm going to go buy a book. Maybe even two. Maybe even one for you! At a bookstore. You should too, and then tweet about it with the hashtag #SaveBookstores. It'll be cool because there will be books and saving involved. Win/win!

For more info, check out Weronika Janczuk's #SaveBookstores post.

3. Last Sunday, I cleaned out my bookshelf. I realized I need another bookshelf. Even after taking out all my children's and baby books, I don't think I have enough room for all the "grown up" and not-so-grown-up books I've accumulated.

4. Last Sunday, my sister bought a bottle of OPI's "Shattered" nail polish. I still think it looks weird, but it's also pretty darn cool.

5. I'm going to a midnight showing of HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2!!! I've been hemming and hawing over it since it's technically a Thursday night, and girl's gotta work Friday, but at the prodding of the sister and the enthusiastic clamor of my friends, I said EFF IT and bought tickets.

As my college roomie tweeted to me: "yes dress up! It's the end of an era. I wish I had someone to go with me..."

I will be going with Sophia, my sister (the Slytherin), Ani of Anime's Musings (we'll be meeting for the first time!), and others. I think Sophia's going as Bellatrix. Now the question is, do I dress up as...

Generic Hogwarts Student / Cho Chang (hah)

OR

Sirius Black

?

What's your random this week? Anyone else going to a midnight showing of Harry Potter? Are YOU dressing up?

Be sure to come back MONDAY June 27 for an off-schedule post! I'll be participating in Jolene's Lovin' the Language (first ever!) blogfest, where we're required to share some lines we love from our WIPs or, if we're shy, lines from other people's stuff.

I'm super excited about this blogfest because if you couldn't tell from my Favorite Books blogfest entry, I do so love the language. I do hope you'll join us!

8 comments:

Christine Murray said...

That nail varnish rocks. Enjoy the midnight screening!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

I'm doin' loving the language as well.
I WISH I was going to a midnight Harry Potter!

Lydia Kang said...

I can't wait to watch HP! Woot!

Thanks for the Twitter follow and the advice. That was a gem!

Connie Keller said...

I love the nail polish. And you have to go as Sirius Black. Have fun!!

Jolene Perry said...

Actually, my babysitter works at the theater and is taking me to the EARLY SHOWING!! WOOHOO!!

No costume. Just a huge bag of popcorn and a happy, happy, smile.

Sophia Chang said...

ooh you'll have to tell me all about tonight!

Cassie's Neighbor said...

Having lots of books can be a major drag sometimes. Your blog reminded me to make a hefty clean up - my room currently looks like it's been bombed by German troops (not being racist here. haha).
Hope everything goes okay between you and those fellow bloggers you've been adamantly stalking for years now. Awkward moments can put a damper to things sometimes...
Have fun!
P.S. - Love the Sirius Black photo.

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm thinking of going as Bellatrix. I'll let my hair return to curly for the day, but it won't look long enough.

How was meeting real live blogging buddies? I got to meet 3 of them last year when I visited Ireland?

I bought 3 books at my local bookstore on Saturday.