8.03.2015

RSW 2015: Week 9


Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. Click the banner or the link previous for more information on the intensive.

We're checking in every Monday, and the link-up will be on the host blogs.


1. How I did on last week’s goals
  • Write for 15 min every day. My worst week yet! Zero! ;_;
  • Read 3 chapters of beta read. Yes! Read these!
  • Go to the gym/exercise at least 2 times a week. Yes! Didn't make it to the gym, but did make it into the pool AND I went hiking on Sunday. What.
  • Sleep more. 50/50 - No. I'm sucking at this and I think it's making everything else suffer.

2. My goal(s) for this week
  • Write for at least 15 min every day.
  • Read 3 more chapters of beta read.
  • Seriously, be in bed by 12:30a at the latest.
  • Gym/exercise at least 2 times a week.

3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

Um, nothing. :(


4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)

I sound like a broken record player, but energy is my main issue. I think probably this is because my sleep schedule is all off and work stress has been taking its toll. In any case, things seem like they're somewhat calming down, and I've had ideas bubbling. Hopefully, I can get them down on paper this week.


5. Something I love about my WiP

Teasing out the character motivations. In thinking and rethinking this story, I'm discovering that some people aren't who I thought they were, and it's kind of exciting.


How did you do with your goals this week?

4 comments:

katyupperman said...

Aww, sorry about the nonexistent writing this week. Shake it off, though! You've totally got this. Hope you're able to squeeze in some extra sleep and lots of words. Rooting for you, Alice! <3

linda said...

Sigh, I've been terrible about writing recently as well. Reading your post makes me want to get back on track! Good luck with your goals this week, I'm rooting for you! :)

Stephanie Allen said...

Sometimes I look back at when I was in college and how I was able to get by with 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and I wonder HOW ON EARTH I did that. Hopefully you're able to get more sleep this week!

I love figuring out character motivations! So many times I've had characters turn out completely differently than I'd originally intended, and it's always so interesting to watch them evolve.

Tonja Drecker said...

This week seems to be a huge writing problem for many (me too :) ). But I count thinking as writing because we have to know what we're writing and work things out as well. Good luck with this week's goals!