Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. Click the banner or the link previous for more information on the intensive.
We're checking in every Monday, and the link-up will be on the host blogs. I can't believe this is the final week! Where did the summer go?!
Also, I missed last week, so I'll be summarizing Week 11 with my Week 12.
1. How I did on last week’s goals
- Write for 15 min every day. 6 out of 14. But I finished the poem!
- Read 3 chapters of beta read. Yes for last week, no for this week.
- Go to the gym/exercise at least 2 times a week. Yes - no gym, but I swam and went paddle-boarding for the first time!
- In bed by 12:30a at the latest. 50/50
- Relax/ vegetate (for birthday week) Yes! Lots of food and fun were had!
2. My goal(s) for this week
- Write for at least 15 min every day.
- Read 3 more chapters of beta read.
- Seriously, be in bed by 12:30a at the latest.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
(This is from the poem I finished.)
Our warm bodies were weightless and hollow
as birds’ bones,
iridescent like feathers.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
Energy. I've been really tired, and with birthday week, I had a lot of extra activities scheduled. So it was hard to fit anything in.
5. Something I love about my WiP
I'm discovering new facets to the characters I hadn't considered before.
How did you do with your goals this week?
P.S. I hope I can participate in the final RSW week's Manuscripts and Manicures thing. Click one of the host blogs for more info!