Second off, thank you for the well-wishes regarding my health! I am 90% recovered and ready to frolic once more, preferably with unicorns. Which leads me into the unicorn meat of today's post!
If you cut Alz, she will probably bleed milk tea and unicorns. And blood too, of course. But unlike King Haggard, I haven't gathered up all the unicorns in the world except for one and herded them into the ocean because I love them so much--instead I keep them around the house and sit on them. (Well, some of them anyway.) Though I daresay 40% of my collection has been given to me over the years from other people--entirely unbidden because, well, they know me so well.
For instance, Krispy and her sister gave me these:
|This was for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago.|
It's a rainbow unicorn mailbox with matching valentines!
It even came with a mini marker set.
|Everybody loves Pusheen.|
|The lighting was too crappy for me to get a good shot|
of all the other animals, but there are birds and foxes and stags and
yeah, it is fricking awesome.
|I have yet to sample the gum,|
but I am assured that is freakin' magical.
Another mutual friend gave me these some years ago:
|The tin says "free prize inside",|
which turned out to be the smoochy sticker.
|They gave them to me at different times, by the way.|
The button says "My other ride".
|Krispy was horrified. But my bro knows me well.|
And you thought that "unicorn meat" reference at the top of the
post was an innocent metaphor.
|This was a souvenir from Oregon. It has nothing to do|
with Oregon, but my mom knows me exceedingly well.
|BALLOONICORN. BEST MOM IN THE UNIVERSE.|
The little fat Pillow Pet beanie unicorn I got myself though.
To explain the photo above, it is as follows (and to keep from sounding like a total crazyface, keep in mind that all this happened over the course of a few years):
1. The original purple unicorn Pillow Pet was given to me by yet another uncle.
2. I then mentioned that the keychain ones are so teeny they're pretty much doll-sized and my sister-in-law proceeded to give me one.
3. Then, since I had a big one and a tiny one, I went ahead and bought the medium-sized (Pee Wee) purple unicorn. One of each size, you know, I could stack them up and it'd be cute. Really. I thought that was the end of it.
4. Then! OMFG, I saw the rainbow unicorn version at Target one day and I needed it so badly I nearly imploded there in the store.
5. And then, well, I found another purple full-size unicorn at a discount store and, well, hey, 50% off, well, why not?
6. At yet another discount store when I was with Krispy and her sister, Krispy found the fat unicorn beanie in a pile of dog toys, and since it was cute and fat and I already had all the others...uh...
7. Okay, okay, so I got a second Pee Wee because there was a price-cut and it was only $5. That's 50% off!
8. A few days ago, Krispy and her sister gave me an early birthday present in the form of the neon blue unicorn that I didn't even know existed and it is so fat and huggably squishy, you have no idea.
9. And I may or may not have a unicorn Glow Pet on order that I ordered prior to the second Pee Wee and the neon unicorn.
Mind you, this selection of unicornosity is only what was close to hand that I could think of off the top of my head. The true extent of unicorns romping around is possibly maybe slightly a little bit more than this.
Should my latest jewelry project turn out well, expect a possible unicorny update in the future.
In the meantime, here are some fantabulous unicorn books you should check out!
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
The Last Unicorn (graphic novel) by Peter S. Beagle, Peter Gillis, Renae De Liz, and Ray Dillon
Into the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce Coville
Here There Be Unicorns by Jane Yolen & David Wilgus
Got any favorite unicorn books? Do you have an