9.14.2012

Fancy Flower Friday

Krispy and I have an incredibly talented friend whose floral arrangements are all the more beautiful because she handcrafts every flower out of paper--scrapbooking paper, tissue, coffee filters, Q-tips, wire, and floral tape all come together with paint and bleach and hot glue and scissors to make a thing of beauty.


And then she does it again.

 

And again and again.


She does make some very gorgeous flowers and not only that, she arranges them too!  Her creations are so beautiful that people are always asking her to decorate.  I say she should charge them by the hour, or at least by the vase.  I mean look!  All the flowers in this post are for one particular event.  Our friend is a flower-making machine.


We all have our creative outlets.  For Krispy and me, it's writing and manatees and penmanship, among other things.  I tried out flower-making under our mutual friend's tutelage and, er, I haven't quite her patience or her nimble fingertips or experience, so mine are not pictured here.  They didn't come out half-bad, but that's largely because our friend did all the majority of the work painting and drying and folding and cutting and after she showed me how to assemble them, I merely finished up what she had done.


(This is the same friend who baked butterscotch Dalek cupcakes for Krispy's sister in the last post, by the way.)


She does some great stuff, eh?  She should get that Etsy store of hers open so she can send her flowers out into the world.  These won't wither and shed petals!  Good thing she gave me a tissue flower because I have a black thumb and murder every living flower I touch.

Have you tried any new crafts lately or learned crafts from a friend?

11 comments:

Connie Keller said...

Wow! They are gorgeous. Has she tried selling them on Etsy?

Golden Eagle said...

Wow. Those are amazing paper flowers!

linda said...

Whoa, gorgeous! Especially love the last one. Your friend is super talented!

Julie Dao said...

How beautiful! Does she make hair flowers out offabric? Cause i would love to buy some!

Katy Upperman said...

So pretty! I'm impressed!

I quilt, but it's been a long time since I made anything. Lately, the closest I've gotten to crafting is baking. I love to make treats for my family (though it's dangerous having so much good food in my house!).

David de Beer said...

wow, that is quite amazing.

Anonymous said...

oh she is TALENTED. She should open an etsy shop or something.
I've repeatedly tried my hands at scrap booking and failed. My talents are limited to drawing and writing. Not much of the crafty type but I will keep trying.

Lydia Kang said...

That is so pretty! I'd love a bunch of those on my desk.

Meagan Spooner said...

Holy crap, these are amazing! She should do weddings!

Onine Florist said...

Your friend is really creative. It appears like real fresh flowers and nobody can't guess that this are artificial flowers if not told.

online florist said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. It help me very much to solve some problems. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us. I appreciate it very much! Looking forward to another great blog!
florists singapore