10.30.2015

5 Fandom Friday (25)


(New Graphic by Darling Stewie)

5 Fandom Friday is a geek-blogger community building project started and hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick. Every Friday, post a top 5 list based on a predetermined topic that can be found on this master post - you can also find more info on the project there. Participate as frequently or infrequently as you like, and if a topic doesn't especially appeal to you, feel free to put your own twist on it.

Also, tweet at @superspacechick or @thenerdygirlie on Friday with your post (and they'll RT) and use the #Fandom5 hashtag so we can all connect!

This week's theme: Favorite Halloween Episodes of TV Shows

I'm actually terrible at remembering stuff like this, so instead, I'm just going to share 5 episodes of SUPERNATURAL that are particularly good for Halloween (since it's basically always Halloween on SPN).



1) It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester - Let's start with an actual Halloween episode. While this isn't one of the scariest episodes from the series, it's a great mix of the things that make the show so fun. You have Dean facing off with a kid dressed as an astronaut, classic SPN urban legend-based deaths and scares (razor blades in candy, anyone?), witches, demons, and a side of angels.

2) Bloody Mary - Maybe it's just because Bloody Mary was one of the scariest things I ever found out about in elementary school, but I still think this episode from Season 1 is one of SPN's scariest. Creepy woman-in-white-type angry spirit living in mirrors and gouging people's eyes out? Um, no.

3) Monster Movie - This is one of SPN's "fun" themed episodes, and it's great for Halloween because it features a bunch of classic horror movie monsters - Dracula, the Mummy, Wolf-Man. Fitting in with the theme, the episode is also completely in black & white, and we get a little more development from the monster-side of the story.



4) Everybody Loves a Clown - I'm mixing in fun and terrifying episodes of SPN. Again, this episode might only be terrifying to me because the clown they use is downright frightening. This was from Season 2 (the 1st 2 seasons have the scariest episodes), and not only features the clown, it also has a carnival and a chase through a Funhouse because OF COURSE.

(I was going to post a pic/gif of the clown here, but after looking at it for 2 seconds, I decided for my own sanity and for my great concern for you, I wasn't going to do it.)

5) Ghostfacers - This time of year, there are tons of ghost-hunting type shows playing on TV. The Sister and I love watching them, and so it was such a treat when SPN brought the format to their own show. It's great when SPN changes things up, and Ghostfacers was delightful because it perfectly spoofed ghost-hunting type shows while also giving us one of the scarier episodes of Supernatural. The endless birthday party in the basement? Nope!


What are your favorite Halloween (or Supernatural!) episodes?

3 comments:

Cateaclysmic said...

I love these eps so much, Monster Movie is so funny! Also I loved this week's SPN ep so much, totally reminded me of why I fell in love with this show xoxo

Anonymous said...

Alright, I know I'm really behind the times here, but you've convinced me that I need to watch Supernatural. I've only seen a handful of episodes but dang, these all look so good that I think I'll spend all weekend binge-watching!

Unknown said...

I love every episode of Supernatural. The show lends well to theme nights. My mom and I watched a night of jailbird episodes. I think that perhaps Yellow Fever might be my Halloween episode.