1. On Super Bowl Sunday, the sister and I waited outside of a Target before it opened at 8AM with about 40 other girls. Why? We wanted a shot at the super adorable and coveted Jason Wu for Target line. We can say our excursion was a resounding success as we now own a number of these pieces.
2. Also on Super Bowl Sunday, one of my fave bands premiered their new music video. You might have seen a preview for it as a Chevy Sonic commercial. The real thing is wildly creative as only videos by OK Go can be. If you liked the Rube Goldberg machinery of "This Too Shall Pass," you'll totally dig the vid for "Needing/Getting."
3. Wednesday night, the sister and I and our cousin went to see THE WANTED. They're a British boy band that has recently gotten quite a bit of press, making them quite a bit more popular than they were when my sister first stumbled upon them sometime last year. We went for kicks (because we think they're kinda hilarious / and they've got some catchy tunes), and it was pretty fun. I am WAY TOO OLD to be around that many teenaged fangirls though. Don't have the energy needed to keep up. SCHNEIZELEFFORT.
That aside, the show was originally supposed to be at another theater, but due to overwhelming demand + sold out-ness, it was moved to THE EL REY - also known as the THEATER WHERE THE SISTER WORKS. So, it was sweet for my schneizeleffort self because I didn't have to wait in line. It was sweet for the Sister because she was working there during sound check and got to see gorgeous DAVID BECKHAM in REAL LIFE.
She also took this picture (aka met these guys):
|The El Rey takes a mugshot of all the artists that play there.|
So yeah. Good times. I was half-deaf at the end of that show. Brought back memories of my own boy band, teenybopper days.
4. (This is now Alz sneak-blogging under Krispy's name) I made this manatee recently:
And then I listened to my inner 5-year-old and attacked him with appropriate embellishments:
5. I recently started (re-)watching Samurai Jack since I acquired the first two seasons on DVD. I remember being largely unimpressed when I watched the first episode premiere, and the following episodes were meh. So I didn't bother to watch the show except for the time I randomly tuned in to an episode where Jack was chained to a Scotsman with bad teeth and a machine gun for a peg leg. That episode was awesome.
This was, of course, over a decade ago (omg ten years), and when I caught a couple of random episodes last year when Cartoon Network started airing the show again, I was like, Hey, that was actually pretty good. And it does seem that the later seasons are much better than the first since I've now watched the first eight episodes of season one and my opinion stands: the episodes are very artistic, but the stylized action scenes frequently go on for too long and the episodes are often very short on plot and/or story.
But the episodes do pick up. And the Scotsman returns in later seasons. That's what I'm really looking forward to.
Shopping, fashion, music, TV, manatees! My, a randomosity post that doesn't mention books or writing at all. We will try to remedy that next week. In the meantime, how's your fashion/TV/music taste lately?