Before the tour though, I'd like to point you to the following:
FIRST: One of my BFFs, the wonderfully Loquacious Luce is doing a triathlon with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training. She's learning to RIDE A BIKE for this thing. Yep, that's right. Dedication. So if you'd like to help out, please consider donating to her page! Thanks in advance!
Eva's Fundraising Page
SECOND: Another friend sent me this video. If you've ever wondered about the boba and food places we've talked about here, check this out. YOU SEE all the affordable, convenient DELICIOUSNESS we're surrounded by?! Welcome to the 626. [Cha for Tea is a favorite of ours for boba.]
THIRD: One of my oldest friends, BFF, and Facebook wife asked me for a Facebook divorce recently, despite a good 7.5 years of FB marriage. That's because she got actually engaged, and I couldn't be happier for her! So I just wanted to post a shout-out to my ex-wifey. If anyone was going to wreck our interwebs home, I'm glad it was your future hubs. :) CONGRATS again!
Now, THE NERD CASE.
The top shelf is home to Lego Darth Vader, Darth Tater keychain, levitating TARDIS, plushie R2-D2, talking Yoda wearing a Jango Fett party hat, and a picture of R2-D2 in a wolf-snowglobe frame.
|Yes, we have a framed picture of R2-D2.|
First Shelf: You can't really see them in the very back, but there are a set of Playskool Star Wars figures and a set of Lord of the Rings Ghost Army figures. Remote control (that fat lightsaber looking thing) R2-D2, Darth Vader, mini replica of Obi-Wan's Episode III (and original trilogy) lightsaber, and lightsaber chopsticks.
|Random trinkets are just random - stuff we got as gifts / souvenirs.|
Second Shelf: The Sister and I got briefly obsessed with vinyl figures - specifically, Disney's Vinylmations. There are different collections, but you don't know which figure you're getting, making this a very addictive (and expensive!) hobby. Luckily we sort of got over it. Sort of.
- Stuffed in the back are the boxes and also blank Vinylmations that I will one day paint.
- The Vinylmations from left to right: Star Wars collection Yoda, Holiday collection Easter, Disneyland Parks collection Submarine, Robots collection Love Bot, Robots collection Tesla Bot, and Star Wars collection Chewbacca.
- The mini vinyls are from Tokidoki's Marvel Frenzies collection. Left to right: Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic, Rogue, Captain America, the Hulk, the Thing.
- We really wanted the Tokidoki Thor because he's cute, and also then Secret Strike Loki would have a friend. He's there, lurking behind Submarine vinylmation.
Third Shelf: Random stuffed animals! Also, Prongs - a doodled reindeer the Sister invented. Alz made us the little Prongs figure, as well as Pirate!Prongs on the right there. We also have Star Wars books stacked in the back, next to the Original Trilogy DVD boxset. Then, there's some art scrolls on the side. Also, mini replica of Obi-Wan's lightsaber in Episodes I and II.
Bottom Shelf: Travel trinkets - the shoes and windmill from the Netherlands, the paper doll from Vietnam (a gift), the mini beer stein from Germany.
- There's a Black Egg Hello Kitty from Japan behind Obi-Wan's dramatically flowing Jedi robe.
- The box behind that is a figure of Ichigo from Bleach that we hauled back from Japan, and somewhere behind all that is a figure of Renji (also from Bleach) that I hauled back from Taiwan (gifted from a friend).
- Oh and that little glass jar? It's the habitat of a little blue bird figure and a cosmic serpent figure that Alz made for me.
That's all for the Nerd Case. At least in here. Truthfully, there isn't enough room in our case to contain all our geekery, but for now, it'll do. (The stuffed animals will probably have to move out at some point...) Cheers!
Okay, your turn. Spill. What geektastic trinkets do you have and are they on display?