Time for another round of Randomosity this fine Friday! I know, I know, it's always pretty random around here. I promise I'll try to tone it down some, but summer has me in a whimsical state of mind.
In any case, we were awarded with the Seriously Cute Blogger award by newer blogger bud The Golden Eagle over at The Eagle's Aerial Perspective. Love her mix of sciencey and writerly posts! Thanks Golden!
As with all awards, info must be shared and you all know how I love a good meme. For this one, I'm supposed to list 5 books/movies/TV programs I've watched in the past 12 months.
1. TV Program: Doctor Who - Sister and I started with Eccleston and have just finished David Tennant's run, and we're loving the show. We are, however, so very sad that there's no more David Tennant. His Doctor is so adorable and brilliant! (Yeah, I think I'm turning geekier with age...)
2. Book: White Cat by Holly Black - Um, loved it. I was kinda hoping the major mystery/conspiracy would be a little more complicated, but I love, love the world-building and Cassel! Definitely getting Red Glove asap!
3. Movie: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (but you all knew that)
4. Book: Divergent by Veronica Roth - Some of you may recall Alz's review of the promo pages. She still hasn't read the book yet, but I did. In a nutshell, it's good. The pages the promo covered kept me interested enough to keep going, but it really picks up after that. I still have some issues with the world-building (stuff that Alz brought up in her review), but the plotting, pacing, and characters made it very much worth the read.
5. Movie: Rango - Remember that animated movie with Johnny Depp voicing a lizard in a Hawaiian shirt that ends up in some sort of Western? Yeah, I had 0 interest in seeing it too. Then I heard it was good, so the sister and I rented and watched it. The marketing for this movie did it no justice. Not only was it clever and fun and yes, a Western, it was also beautifully rendered - with creative character designs, cute little design elements, and gorgeous desert backdrops. It's a little meta, a little tongue-in-cheek, a Western, and a classic hero's journey / finding yourself kind of story.
So that's that. Thanks again, Golden!
What have you seen or read lately? My local library is open again, so I'm ready for another round of book borrowing! Also, since Borders is closing (so, so sad!), I'm probably going to pick up a few titles too. So give me your best suggestions!
P.S. There's still time to comment on the Fairy Godmother post for a chance to win a subscription to Danyelle's serial novel The Fairy Godmother Dilemma! Will announce the winner next week!
I believe today, her blog tour stops at Elana Johnson's blog if you want to learn more about the project.