"Currently..." updates will be every 2 weeks or so. Going to try to update on Tuesdays when Katy Upperman posts hers.
I found the Currently post at Kate Hart's blog, who got the idea from Amy Lukavics, who found it here. Please join in and link me in the comments if you do!
- The fact that my poem is out in the world now!!! I hinted at this a while ago, but I sold a poem to STRANGE HORIZONS, which is pretty freaking cool. I sold it in August (can you say birthday gift?), and it is now up for you to read.
It's called ACTAEON, and if you're familiar with that myth, well, you'll have an idea of what it's about. I'd love for you to take a look!I posted a few thoughts about the poem at the Girl on the Roam blog, and I'd would love to hear from you. :)
- Two of my besties celebrated their birthdays this weekend (one of them is our very own Alz!), so that was a fun time. We watched National Treasure to go with the theme of the recent East Coast trip, and we made custom sweatshirts. I can't wait until we get them. :) Three of us also accidentally matched; we all wore our Hamilton (musical) Squad shirts!
- My newest Jordandene shirts! I ordered this Tolkein quote one because it speaks to my wanderlust, and it is one of my new favorites. Jordan also sent me a surprise in the form of an extra shirt, which I also love! The Narnia shirt is perfect for those days when I need a little extra encouragement.
The Walking Dead, which is agonizing for spoiler-y reasons. But I just need to know. Just tell us already!!
I finished LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD VOL. 3, which wrapped up the series, and I loved it. Such a fitting story arc for the god of mischief. The themes about choice and the nature of story were so good. I love that stuff (which is why I adore the HAMILTON musical so much - also a story about the power of stories).
HAMILTON album (obviously).
Halsey's BADLANDS album.
Marvel and Netflix's JESSICA JONES! So excited for this.
MOCKINGJAY Part 2! I'm going to be so sad after!
Good things for the world. Let's have more positivity and compassion, and less of the bad stuff.
My next outfit! It's November, so that means it's time for Set To Stunning's NERDVEMBER geek chic challenge. Some of my favorites so far.
MAKING ME HAPPY
- Coming up with posts for the GIRL ON THE ROAM blog. I recently posted about some of my LEAF-PEEPING adventures in New England, and I did a series of photos in gold for the 6 on 6 meme.
- All the meet-ups with friends I've had this month. I finally met up with Megan, the Nerdy Girlie, before she leaves Los Angeles, and it was perfect because we went to her favorite pie place, Republic of Pie. I appreciated her enthusiasm for my embarrassing history/Hamilton geekery, and of course, the pie was delicious.
- Another meet-up with friends involved our seeing Benedict Cumberbatch's HAMLET, which was excellent. I loved the staging. It reminded me a lot of Sleep No More (the interactive Macbeth theater experience we tried in NYC) actually.
- We were also celebrating our COMIC CON 2016 badge-buying success! Through Con Squad teamwork, we were all able to get the days we wanted right before they started to sell out! Such a relief! Go Squad!
- The Sis and I also finally tried Boiling Crab for the first time, and it was pretty great. Messy, Cajun seafood deliciousness.
What is your currently?