Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Jaime Morrow. Click the banner or the link previous for more information on the intensive.
We're checking in every Monday, and the link-up will be on the host blogs.
1. How I did on last week’s goals
- Write for 15 min every day. 3 out of 7 days.
- Start next beta read. Yes! Read a couple chapters.
- Go to the gym/exercise at least 2 times a week. Went swimming this weekend, so yay?
- Get more sleep. 50/50 - had a looooong work week, so even if I did sleep more, it didn't feel like it. ;_;
2. My goal(s) for this week
- Write for at least 15 min every day.
- Read 3 chapters of beta read.
- Sleep more.
- Gym/exercise at least 2 times a week.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
"Summer, salt-sweet." This is actually not from my WIP, but I managed to squeeze out a little micro-poem last Friday just as a creative exercise. That's the title of the poem and not an actual line that appears, but I love the way it sounds. If you're curious, the whole poem is posted at Girl on the Roam - Summer, salt-sweet.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
As usual, motivation and energy were my biggest challenges. Last week at work was really rough, lots of late nights, so it was definitely hard to get anything else done after hours.
5. Something I love about my WiP
Playing with fairy tale tropes and trying to rework and remix them.
How did you do with your goals this week?
P.S. The SDCC "currently" recap was supposed to go up last week but ran into some technical issues. Hope to have it up tomorrow!