5 Fandom Friday is a geek-blogger community building project started and hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick. Every Friday, post a top 5 list based on a predetermined topic that can be found on this master post - you can also find more info on the project there. Participate as frequently or infrequently as you like, and if a topic doesn't especially appeal to you, feel free to put your own twist on it.
Don't forget to link up at SuperSpaceChick's blog and to tweet at The Nerdy Girlie!
This week's theme: Favorite Funko Pop Figures
1) Loki (Bobble-head)
I missed out on the original Loki POP Vinyl, so when the one for THOR: The Dark World was released, I bought it as soon as I saw it. But Loki's cooler with the horns, so when Funko released a helmeted bobble-head, I pre-ordered that ish so fast.
2) (Golden) Smaug
This guy was a Hot Topic exclusive, and while I liked the regular Smaug just fine, I couldn't resist this golden guy when I happened to see it at the store. I love his smug little face.
3) Masked Will Graham
I desperately wanted the bloody Hannibal SDCC 2014 exclusive, but the Funko booth was nigh impossible to get into; total nightmare and probably the worst part of SDCC 2014 for me because of the frustration and time I wasted trying to get in. ANYWAY, this Masked Will Graham basically makes up for it though because it is adorable and kind of more interesting to look at (and I love Will).
Continuing on the Hannibal trend, the wendigo is one of the creepiest and coolest things on the show. So I had to get this creepy cutie.
5) Bloody Sharknado (SDCC 2014 exclusive)
I don't have this one, but it was another SDCC 2014 exclusive that I wanted. The regular Sharknado is cute too (I love the fat shark), but a bloody one just seems more appropriate...
Fandom 5 Q4U: What are your favorite Pop Vinyls?
Writer-friend and geek-lady-I-aspire-to-be Natasha tagged me for this award. I usually don't do too many of these blog award memes anymore, BUT part of the award is to share seven facts about myself, then nominate 3 more people to do the same.
And since I feel there are quite a few of you who are new around here, I thought the 7 facts thing might be helpful. (I've done things like this in the past, so apologies in advance if I have shared these facts before...)
1) It wasn't until high school that I learned I have a weird Chinese surname. It's 2 characters instead of just 1.
2) I'm double-jointed - which basically means I can do weird bendy things with my fingers.
3) I have been an extra in a music video. This OK GO video, actually. :)
4) I have won something from the radio - my current Macbook!
5) Last year at Comic Con, the Sister and I told Raúl Esparza at the Hannibal signing that we love him on Law & Order: SVU. He responded with equal enthusiasm and showed us the cool SVU phone case they gave him. Magic Comic Con moment!
6) For my 22nd birthday, I got to go to my post-internship awards banquet (where my group won an award), wear a sparkly gold dress, have a Taiwanese talk-show celebrity host guy lead a ballroom full of people in a rendition of Happy Birthday to me, and go karaoke-ing with my friends until 2am in the morning. All of this in Taiwan. Oh, and then at the hostel, my group bought me a cake and wished me a happy birthday again.
This is actually from 1 of those glamour photo shoots
I did the day after the banquet (same dress though)!
These were all the rage at the time.
And I'm going to tag some of you frequent visitors that I don't know lots about:
1. Prerna Pickett
2. Fida Islaih
3. Miss Cole (ok, we actually chat often enough on Twitter, but I want the 7 facts. ;) )