8.27.2014

What's Up Wednesday (44)


What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, so we can check in with each other. To join, just check out Jaime Morrow or Erin Funk's blogs for the link widget and sign up!

WHAT I'M READING
Still reading Heir of Fire and A Time to Dance. Enjoying both immensely.

I also finally read WHERE SHE WENT, Gayle Forman's follow-up to IF I STAY. I really liked IF I STAY back when I first read it and thought it ended right where it should. Though most people I knew told me WHERE SHE WENT was great and that they even liked it more than IF I STAY, I was skeptical. But I finally read it and it was such a worthy sequel! And yes, I liked it more than the first!


WHAT I'M WRITING
The verse novel. Check out my last Ready.Set.Write! update. Sadly, it is the end of the RSW summer writing intensive. But the cool thing is the RSW ladies are hosting a CP/beta match-up for RSW participants on Thursday. Check out any of the host blogs (linked at the top of all the RSW posts) for more info!


WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW
Kind words from friends.


WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO
The sis and I saw the If I Stay movie a few days before it released, and we liked it a lot. It was very faithful to the book and gave us the feels. The sister finished the book the day before we were set to see the movie, and then she read Where She Went the day after we saw the movie. The movie was what prompted me to finally read the sequel too!

I'm enjoying the waning days of summer. Luckily for me, California seems to have a store of it left.


We're going to see Jason Mraz tomorrow night, and I am so excited! The Sis and I were lucky enough to see him for a special Artist's Den filming earlier this summer, and it got us so pumped for his new album with Raining Jane. Love him, and love him more when he does these acoustic shows.

Other thing of note is that my 10 year high school reunion is at the end of this week! I can't believe I've been out of high school for a decade now. I'm going because our HS senior year class president is putting it together, and she was my college roommate for all 4 years. I'm obligated, and I have full confidence she'll put something amazing together.

It was also National Dog Day yesterday, so here's a baby Loki + a happy/sleepy Loki!


What's up with you?

6 comments:

Fida Islaih said...

I'm glad you like all three books, I still need/want to read them! And what a cute dog (:

Melanie Crouse said...

Jason Mraz!!!! If I could see anyone in concert, that's who I'd want to see. Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere, so going to a concert involves taking an actual vacation. Have a doubly great time for me!

Connie Keller said...

I loved the photos of Loki. I can't believe how much he's changed. (My Lab clearly didn't know it was National Dog Day or she would've begged for a bone.)

Have fun at the class reunion!

Miss Cole said...

I really hope if RSW happens next year I can take part in it.

Have an amazing week ^_^

prerna pickett said...

kindness really can change the world, whether words or actions. I haven't read If I Stay, but the trailer made me cry so I'm going to have to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Well, baby Loki has pretty much made my day. Best of luck for the writing, and have a great week!