What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, so we can check in with each other. To join, just check out Jaime Morrow or Erin Funk's blogs for the link widget and sign up!
WHAT I'M READING
I'm beta-reading a fantasy for a friend, and I'm supposed to be reading one of the verse novels I borrowed but... I was approved for an e-ARC of Sarah Maas' HEIR OF FIRE. So I kind of started to read that instead because I couldn't resist!
WHAT I'M WRITING
The verse novel! You can see my progress with my last RSW post: Ready.Set.Write! Week 2.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW
Other than my fellow Ready.Set.Write! cohorts, I'm pretty inspired by OK GO's newest music video. I don't know how these guys consistently come up with such quirky, cool, creative video concepts, but they do.
(You might recall, the Sister and I had the pleasure of being in one of these cool videos. The vid for "End Love.")
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO
Again, lots of things, especially since I haven't been doing WUW every week.
1) We saw our long-time musical love JASON MRAZ with Raining Jane last Wednesday at UCLA (the Sister's alma mater), and we had pretty sweet seats because of the contest the Sis won. I think the concert will be airing as TV special sometime this summer. The show was INCREDIBLE, reaffirming our love for him. His voice is just...there are no words, and I am so excited for his new album.
|Jason Mraz and Raining Jane at Royce Hall for the Artists Den. [Photo/ Sister]|
2) The Sis and I also attempted to go to a special screening & panel for TV show SLEEPY HOLLOW at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, but alas, we didn't get in. At least we got this picture to show for it.
3) We went to my friend's "pig party." It was a double-graduation BBQ party thrown by her family for her and her sister because both of them graduated (she finished her Masters; her sister finished her Bachelor's). We called it a pig party because of the whole roast pig! Enough to delight Seneca Crane!
|This is how Asians party. [Photo/ Sister]|
4) Going back to that last Disneyland visit... We sported our Blackmilk leggings (my Cheshire cat ones and the Sister's new mermaid leggings), and it was the best because upon entering the park, we heard a guy exclaim, "Those are sick leggings."
5) Speaking of Blackmilk, their Instagram recently featured the Sister's Star Wars Day picture because she was wearing her BM AT-AT dress. The pic got a lot of love, but people also noticed her amazing AT-AT necklace.
That's the one I commissioned co-blogger and very talented ALZ to make! She shares her crafting skills here sometimes, but in case you have any doubts as to her amazing-ness, here's another thing she made at my behest!
A necklace inspired by the gold band Loki has on the chest piece of his armor!
6) We've seen a couple of movies.
- Edge of Tomorrow: excellent action, time-travel fun times! Not to mention, Emily Blunt is a total badass. The editing was perfection, so that none of the groundhog day repeated parts ever got boring or tedious.
- The Fault in Our Stars: very faithful to the book. I watched it literally 3 hours after I finished reading the book (my first read). The book didn't make me cry (books very rarely do), but the movie certainly squeezed a few tears out of me. In my defense, 3 hours is not a lot of recovery time, so I was way more amped for the Feels going into the movie than I would've liked.
- 22 Jump Street: Hilarious, lots of meta-humor. Not quite as good as the first because I think the 2nd relies almost too much on meta-humor, but since I love that, it was still great for me. Also, the ending credits are *incredible.*
- How to Train Your Dragon 2: Hello unexpected amount of Feels! Just as good as the first (if not better) with *gorgeous* animation. I usually hate 3D, but I think this is one of the few movies where it's worth it. The flight sequences are just breathtaking! Moving story, lots of dragons, TOOTHLESS, oh and did you know Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) is in it? The second his character opened his mouth, the Sis turned to me & said "Jon Snow knows nothing!" (Kind of true even in this movie!)
7) The 2014 World Cup is happening! I'm not actually a soccer fan / I know very little about it. BUT the Sister does get into it when the World Cup comes around. Other than the USA (of course), her team is Germany! Apparently, our little World Cup Pup agrees.
So yeah, Monday was a good day for them. (Spoiler: Germany AND USA won their games!)
What's up with you?