6.30.2014

Ready. Set. Write! (Week 4)


RSW is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can sign up on the linky at any of the host blogs every Monday. Remember to encourage other participants too! For more info on RSW and a link to the lovely buttons, go here.

I almost missed today's update post, but I forced myself to do it (better late than never) just to keep me responsible!

1. How I did on last week’s goals
Better than last week! I added 2 stanzas in my 3rd POV (the first time it is making an appearance) and added/revised a few lines in the older sections. I also started reading one of the verse novels, specifically Francesca Lia Block's Psyche in a Dress.

2. My goal(s) for this week

  • Write another stanza
  • Work on making the 3 POV voices distinct
  • Finish reading the verse novel.

3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
Light feet. I have known such tender treads.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
Time for writing. It was much busier for me this week since I had a few more social activities than usual, and I had beta notes to write up for a friend.

5. Something I love about my WiP.
Crafting 3 different voices while also indulging my poetic side. It's fun flirting with language, but it does mean I have to work harder to make the 3 POVs sound distinct from one another.


How did you do this week?

2 comments:

Alison Miller said...

Making my 3 POVs distinct is something I know I will have to work on big time in revisions. TOUGH, but I like the challenge. Good luck with yours! Love that line from your story, btw. Have a great week!

Jaime Morrow said...

You did really well this week, Alice! I would love to attempt multiple POVs, but I'm a total chicken. I'm always amazed by people who totally nail it. Hope this week is just as productive for you!