7.13.2012

Friday x Books + Puppy

Krispy and I are all schneizeleffort after our double review of Shadow and Bone and also I forgot it was Thursday, so for our blog post we've brought you a gratuitous picture of our mostly-library to-read book pile!


The pile includes:

Black Heart by Holly Black
Dragons and Dynasties: An Introduction to Chinese Mythology by Yuan Ke
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories edited by Kelly Link & Gavin J. Grant
Among Others by Jo Walton
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
The Watch That Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic by Allan Wolf

I already read Inside Out (it was good, although I wasn't blown away or awed), Magic Under Glass (it was all right--had some potential but was way too Jane Eyre), and Pandemonium (had issues with the plot and the ending).  I had a brief perusal of Stormdancer and it has potential, although I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  Krispy is currently reading Black Heart and likes it so far.

And to end our weeks on an even happier-dappier-yay note, have a puppy picture!

The Overlord of Cute just swooped up by the photographically elusive Alz.
I've got a boatload of my own library books that are not pictured, and if they're good enough I'll pass them on to Krispy.  If they're not up to snuff, she gets to hear alllll about them before I dump them back at the library.

By the way guys, Seraphina by Rachel Hartman has been released~!  Go read it!

9 comments:

Connie Keller said...

Love the puppy picture!!

L.C. said...

Ooo, I read White Cat by Holly Black. If Krispy likes Black Heart I might give the series another shot.

Been looking forward to Seraphina. Totally have a B&N coupon and it's *getting used*.

Emy Shin said...

I've been looking forward to Seraphina! Not sure if I should buy a copy or wait for the library, since I'll be moving in a month and will have to leave most of my books behind. Maybe I'll finally get an eReader. :)

And aww, Loki's so cute.

Angela Brown said...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Steampunk anthology. I've even heard there are debates on what actually classifies a novel/story as steampunk or just some romance/horror/whatever with steampunk elements.

And all hail the Overload of Cute. Slowly growing into those paws. :-)

Golden Eagle said...

Cute picture!

Oh, Kelly Link? I've read some of her short stories and really liked them; that sounds like a great anthology.

Sophia Chang said...

You're reading my goddess Maria V. Snyder?!?! WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Omg Loki is looking really pubescent

ali cross said...

Ooh, you've got some awesome books there! I've never heard of that Steampunk one--think I'll have to check that out!

Lydia Kang said...

I want to read so many books on that list! Oh, and puppy is so puppylicious. Thank you for the shamelessly cute picture.

XiXi said...

Ahhh, your puppy is ADORABLE.

Also, wondering whether you'd recommend Pandemonium at all? I sort of wanted to read it because I enjoyed Before I Die a great deal, but was turned off by the fact that it's a dystopian. I'm just sort of meh about dystopians because of the glut in YA right now.