1. Krispy has been a bookmonster of late and acquired many new books, though as of yet she hasn't had a chance to crack open most of them. These books include:
|The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Possess, Breverton's Phantasmagoria, Night Circus|
I've perused the first chapters of all except Possess, and I like what I've seen so far.
2. I finally saw X-Men: First Class. The bromance was epic. I enjoyed it though I don't like it enough to buy it, unless it was like $5 and I was feeling extravagant. Then again, with $5 I could buy—
3. Italian truffle cheese from Trader Joe's. Pricey deliciousness at $11.99/lb, I nevertheless found a petite wedge to taste-test. Since Krispy and I were attending a small going-away par-taaaaay for our mutual medical student friend, I acquired this cheese, found it to be delicious, and intended to bring it to the get-together. Krispy picked me up and on the way there, I told her about this amazing truffle cheese and how ineffably delectable it was, all creamy smoothness and firm texture with the luxurious truffle flavor making for an experience of sheer decadence.
I forgot to bring the cheese.
The recriminations were, I assure you, both grievous and fierce. I'm still sorely wounded from them; poke me and I shall yet bleed. Krispy will never let me live it down even though I brought her a piece of it the next day and she ate the whole thing practically in one sitting, literally just kicking back and gnawing on a chunk of cheese while we watched TV. Which leads me to our next random thing—
4. Television shows. I haven't watched anything much lately, except for random stuff when I'm bored. But lately Krispy has somehow managed to hook me on watching Criminal Minds, Law & Order: SVU, Supernatural, Clone Wars, and Young Justice, the latter two of which are cartoons. I'm absolutely certain this mix of criminal psychology, law, paranormal, scifi/fantasy, and superhero shows will have an effect upon my writing. Whether or not it is a disastrous effect remains to be seen.
5. Lastly, Krispy needs your input: For Halloween at work, should she be a hippie or a pirate? Or a hippie pirate, though she says this might be hard? I think she should be a pirate because pirates are pirates and hippies are hippies, but she does have a point when she says a hippie costume is easier to put together and more comfortable. But when was Halloween ever about ease and comfort?
That's all from us for this week, folks. Got any cheese or TV recommendations?