Ani at Anime's Musings tagged us for a blog award! Thanks, Ani! This means we have to share 7 interesting facts about ourselves.
2. (KRISPY) After graduating from university, I went on an archaeology internship in Taiwan. We cleaned 5000 year old human bones, glued pottery back together, and got attacked by nefarious Asian mosquitoes. We also spent a week napping in a warehouse full of ancient babies in pots.
3. (KRISPY) The only time I've ever felt claustrophobic was in my Senior year of high school. I was in Germany with my German class, and a bunch of us took up the challenge of climbing the world's tallest church steeple in Ulm. That's like 700-some steps, which is daunting enough by itself but SO MUCH WORSE when most of those steps go upwards in a narrow, enclosed spiral. Imagine climbing 300 steps in the cold of winter without being able to see below or above you. No windows, just solid, centuries-old STONE. Around step 379, I thought (in the tradition of Arrested Development), "I've made a HUGE mistake." (For the record, I made it to the top and back down without having a panic attack.)
4. (KRISPY) 98% of the time, I can make myself fall asleep in 5-10 minutes. Even if I've had tea or coffee only an hour before.
5. (ALZ) I hate Krispy for the fact above. But that's not an interesting fact because everyone already knows it. Krispy says I should tell you all about how I have an "intense passionate hatred" for Prince Charming from Disney's Cinderella. I just don't like him because of his pink face and his unbending Lego limbs and his utter and complete uselessness. This is not hatred. This is merely the Judgment of Alz, as she says to Prince Charming's charm and princeliness:
6. (ALZ) I am a super badass extreme unconquerable asskicker in Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. Or I used to be. It's been a while since I last played. But I bet a bucket of diamond-encrusted platinum nuggets that I could still destroy anyone who cared to raise a hand against my almighty combo-gem-smashing skillz.
7. (ALZ) Krispy insists that I admit I find nothing particularly special or deliciously delightful about In-N-Out. I would not go out of my way to eat of their food, no matter how fine or crave-satisfying Krispy and so many others purport it to be.
We'll tag people next time. Until then, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Gorge on candy.
And by the way, peeps--who's doing NaNoWriMo?