It's February, and I forgot how SHORT this second month of the year is. Yikes! I better get cracking on some of those resolutions. So, at the one month mark, it's a good time to look at how those resolutions are going - and GRADE my progress (because it's ingrained in me to be afraid of grades).
1. Writing habits/schedule: Sadly, I'm having a hard time with this one. I'm having trouble figuring out when is the best time to insert my at-least-15-min of writing time. I'm not a morning person, so getting up early enough before work is 100% out of the question. Grade: F (I'm crying a little inside.)
2. Solaris short stories: I actually have until April to finish at least 2 of these, so... Okay, yeah, I haven't touched them. BUT I have figured out important plot points in one of them. I get points for that, right? Grade: I (for Incomplete because my deadline is still far in the future, and I've done some work on it - just not enough to be graded.)
3. Work on 2009 NaNo story: I'm actually working on this! Even though it's very slow and it involves a complete rehaul of the beginning, which is totally against NaNo rules but it's no longer NaNo, so there! Grade: C+/B-
4. Write down ideas somewhere: I did this! Then again, it's not like I've had many brilliant ideas this past month, so it wasn't hard. Grade: C (Hey, it's average work.)
5. Blog more: I'm doing pretty good with once a week! Not ready to move on to more than once a week consistently, but baby steps! Also, it would help if the OTHER PERSON around these parts would PIPE UP once in a while. She does more writing-related type work on a normal basis than I do! Ahem. Grade: B (For me, I'm doing pretty well with keeping this schedule.)
6. Read more: SO DONE. Actually, I might have to take a break. I think I'm starting to burn out from the unusual amount of consistent reading I've been doing. Don't get me wrong; I'm enjoying the reading and really like most of the books, but it gets tiring! I'll update my List of Books Read in a few days and share. Grade: A+
So um, these are totally some of the worst grades I've ever gotten. Ever. Have to shape up!
How are you doing with your goals/resolutions?