1.03.2010

Christmas Gifts & Resolutions for 2010

It's back to the grind tomorrow, so I thought I'd start the first work week of the new year by taking care of 2 things here on the blog. First up, let's wrap up something from December - presents!

We received a very sweet blog award from one Icy Roses (THANK YOU!!!):


  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Great Christmas present, not to mention great motivation to keep up with the blogging. As for paying this thing forward, many of the people I have in mind actually already have this award (and deservingly so!). So, I shall hold on to this for a while and nominate when I've been around the blogosphere a little longer. :)

Secondly, time for some New Year's Resolutions. These will be writing-related since the non-writing related ones mostly focus on the goal of Figuring Out My Life. Too much to handle for A Nudge, I think (and I've already written them up elsewhere). So onwards with writing resolutions!

1. Establish more consistent writing habits. For now, I'll start with at least 4 times a week for 15 minutes each. That makes an hour. (Look, math! Look, I'm also factoring in my procrastination and Real Life!)

2. Finish at least 2 of the 3 Solaris stories that are littering my Google Docs by April. Seriously. For once I actually know what happens!

3. Work on the 2009 NaNo story (instead of letting it sit like poor 2008 NaNo Cinders and Glass...).

4. Start writing my random ideas down somewhere, so I don't forget CRUCIAL pieces of info. (My elephant memory isn't what it used to be sadly.)

5. Blog more! At least once a week every week. (Starting small!)

6. Read more!

And an iffy-er resolution, but something I'd like to work on:

7. Um, work on Novel after which this blog is named???! (Hmm, Alz?)


So I've got my work cut out for me, but 2010's the start of a new decade. About time I got on top of this. What are your goals for this year and beyond?

4 comments:

Danyelle L. said...

!

Cinders and Glass is one of the neatest titles I've ever heard of. Good luck with your goals.
*goal cookies*

Krispy said...

Thanks!

Cinders was a retelling of Cinderella that got way too complicated way too fast, and I was way in over my head. -__-

I'll go back to it though because I rather liked it. I just need to figure where the plot went and rein in some of the characters...

Merc said...

*approves*

*gives you cookies*

And yes, I love the title "Cinders and Glass". O:)

Krispy said...

Thanks Merc! :)