12.16.2009

Lists of Things: Books Revisited

I've caught a cold again, sort of. My sister's done with finals and back, but she brought a cold with her and I think I caught a bit of it. In any case, I was not feeling all that well today.

However, a trip to the library late in the day when I was feeling better brightened everything up. You see, I went a little crazy and put a bunch of YA books on hold, and uh, most of them came in at the same time.

So I'm revisiting and revising my list of books, just like how the colds of the season keep revisiting me. Dear Cold/Illness, please go away. When did my immune system become so weak? I think it's time to move EXERCISE to the top of my New Year's Resolutions.

REVISED Book List aka Crazy YA-ish Book Binge:

1. Percy Jackson & The Olympians Series: I'm about halfway through Book 3 right now. I just brought back Book 4 from the library since my friend doesn't have the books past #3. I'll need to put Book 5 on hold at some point, so I'll have it ready to go when I finish #4.

2. The Demon's Lexicon: My friend recommended it to me, and I've been meaning to read it. Plus, it's about 2 brothers running away from magic, and my friend says it reminded her vaguely of the TV show Supernatural and I LOVE Supernatural.

3. Silver Phoenix: It's new! It's an Chinese fantasy story! My NaNo was an attempt at a pseudo-Asian fantasy! Mostly, I've been curious.

4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth: I keep hearing about this book and have been very, very curious.

5. Fell: This is the sequel to The Sight, which I rather enjoyed, but I remember feeling a little unsatisfied with the ending. Been meaning to read the sequel, but I think I might need to re-read the first one...and these are large books...

6. A Great and Terrible Beauty: I've been curious about this one too for a while. So I'm finally getting around to it. Yes.

BOOKS I'M STILL WAITING ON:

7. The Hunger Games: Keep hearing about how good this one is, and it has the Merc seal of approval. I put it on hold and am slowly moving up the queue.

8. Fallen: Um, fallen angels and also the main character's name is LUCE. After telling this to my friend Luce, we decided we MUST read this book. Must.

9. City of Bones: Also something I've been curious about. Friend used to read the author's fanfic works and was curious also about her original fic.

Whether I get through these books or not is another matter. Holiday and health permitting, I shall do my best. For now though, I'm going to go listen to Lady Gaga's song "Telephone" while playing Bejeweled. IT'S SO CATCHY.

2 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Ah Hunger Games! One of my favorites! Also LOVED A Great and Terrible Beauty. Can't wait to hear what you think!

Krispy said...

I can't wait to get Hunger Games! I'm now 21 in the library queue, which is a lot better than #55.