11.14.2017

Geekchic OOTD: Ready to Ragnarok

November is upon us, and with it, Ragnarok! Of course, I don't mean the Norse mythological End of Days/ Twilight of the Gods. I'm talking about the 3rd THOR movie, and by far, the most colorful and funniest of them all.

By now, you should know I'm a Loki stan, and he's been a constant fashion inspiration for the past few years (but will someone please cut his hair?). I was punk rock Loki for Comic Con this year, and I think it's true that tricksters have the most fun.

A post shared by alice (@akangaru) on


So with a new Thor movie out and the return of my favorite mischief maker to the silver screen, I had to do an outfit post. I ended up doing 3 outfits - 2 casual ones here and a fancier one over at Girl on the Roam. Plus, the Geeky Fashion Blogger Alliance fittingly made this month's style challenge all about Thor. Without further ado...

OOTD No. 1: Trouble Maker


I wanted to do something a little more toned down than what I did for punk rock Loki, so I went with something more 90s grunge for every day wear.



Outfit details: TANKS (Cotton On) // SHIRT-DRESS (Target) // SHORTS (Target) // SHOES (Nike- similar) // BRACELET (World Market - similar) // NECKLACE-collar (Sparkling Rampage) // NECKLACE-scepter (Hot Topic - similar) // SUNGLASSES (Ray-Ban) // LIP COLOR (Colourpop in 'Beeper')



OOTD No. 2: Thunderer


My Thor outfit isn't really decade-inspired, but I wanted to do something similarly casual. This outfit uses, I think, the first Thor shirt I ever bought. It's from years ago, but I still wear it!


Outfit details: TANK (Wetseal) // VEST (Target) // JEANS (Uniqlo) // SHOES (E8 by Miista) // BRACELETS (Forever 21 - similar) // LIP COLOR (Bite Beauty in 'Violet' - similar)

I'd (very last minute) fabric-painted the Ragnarok patch and safety pinned it to the moto vest for Comic Con for the punk Loki costume. So I just re-used it here.



And bonus:

What I wore to see Thor Ragnarok: check out the outfit details at Girl on the Roam.

A post shared by alice (@akangaru) on



Q4U: What did you think of the new Thor movie?

No comments: