9.01.2016

Geekchic OOTD: Weekend Vibes

Friends, how is August already over? We are coming up on the Labor Day weekend here in the U.S., one of our last long weekends before the winter holidays and sort of the last hurrah of summer.

(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Lootcrate and have not subscribed to their boxes, but I've seen them around, and it looks like fun stuff!)

Recently, I was inspired by Loot Crate to blog about a favorite geeky look because they so often have cool apparel in their boxes. Loot Crate creates monthly subscription boxes that feature geeky collectibles (like shirts!) from current fandoms, and they're usually themed, which makes things extra fun.

Since we are headed into the final days of summer (and school has already begun for many) and summer is my favorite season, I thought I'd give it a nice send-off by talking about my most casual but also most tried and true warm-weather look - shorts and a geeky tank. This is seriously my uniform for the summer and a lot of the year since I'm in California.

These outfits are the epitome of my weekend vibes.

1) Witchy Chic


As much as I love my Ravenclaw gear and Marauder's Map everything, sometimes I like my fandom pride to be a little more subtle. That's why I love this Deathy Hallows muscle tank because unless you're a Harry Potter fan, it's not as immediately obvious what it is. I paired this with plain, light denim shorts but played up the magic and whimsy with my accessories (star shoes, quote bracelets, flower crown).


I took a little bit of inspiration from festival fashion and the stylish summer goths and witch girls out there. There's something to be said about wearing black - even when it's hot out - because it just looks so damn cool.


Outfit details: SHIRT (Hot Topic) // SHORTS (Target) // SHOES (Eeight) // BRACELETS (Show Pony Until the Very End cuff via Owlcrate / CynicalRedhead Isadora Duncan cuff) // FLOWER CROWN (Forever 21 - similar) // LIP COLOR (Colourpop in 'Beeper')


2) Back to Basics


Labor Day weekend in the U.S. is usually marked by BBQs, beach days, and the last of the outdoor gatherings as summer winds down. So I thought I'd go a little more simple with my second outfit, which honestly, would've been great for the 4th of July too. This Team Cap tank is your basic "graphic tee" type design. I matched it with patterned shorts and fun sunglasses but made sure both pulled from colors on the tank (blue and red, respectively) to keep it all streamlined. To top it all off, I had to have a classic red lip.


Outfit details: SHIRT (Target) // SHORTS (Target x Marimekko n/a - similar) // SANDALS (1st pair - similar, 2nd pair - Miista) // BRACELETS (Show Pony Until the Very End cuff / Sparkling Rampage ACOMAF cuff) // SUNGLASSES (Hot Topic) // LIP COLOR (Colourpop in 'Creeper')


I hope this inspires you to dress up those graphic tees and tanks that you have in your closets! And if you're looking for an easy way to up your geek style game, check out Lootcrate! They have tons of different monthly subscription boxes filled with pop culture goodness, including ones that focus on apparel if that's what you want. :)


Wave that geek flag high! Happy weekend, friends!


Q4U: What's your favorite fandom gear or style to wear?

2 comments:

Cateaclysmic said...

I love these outfits so much, you look awesome xoxo

Danielle K said...

Love both of these outfits :)