8.24.2012

Randomosity on Fridays: Viva Las Vegas!

As I mentioned in the last post, it's been a busy time in the land of Krispy. There have been a few birthdays since the end of July to last week, mine included. (Thank you, by the way, for the birthday wishes!)

So there's been a lot of celebrating & I'm letting you peek behind the curtain. You can then make an informed decision about whether or not you still want to be friends with me. (It's okay. No hard feelings if you want to back away slowly. We know we're weird.)

I'm by no means much of a partier, but this summer found me roadtripping to Sin City twice in less than a month. Once was for my cousin's birthday, which was much fun and good prep for the second trip.


Photobombing our own photos after partying.

The second, most recent Vegas trip, was for my birthday and my bestie's sorta last hurrah girls' night out before she ties the knot next year.

Much ridiculousness ensued - most of it without the help (or hindrance?) of drinks.

We didn't even plan this pose. Just happened.
This is the result of years of friendship.
As usual, we imitated a lot of stuff.


And we danced. A lot. In The Library no less.


Like Ridiculousness incarnate. There's thankfully no video, but it probably looked a lot like this:

Thank you, Tom, for demonstrating our
enviable dancing skills.
Upon seeing these gifs, the Sister
exclaimed: Oh my god, I do that!
We also waved at cars.


And while we didn't get nekkid (like some certain Royals) or party with the Olympian whose catchphrase we borrowed (JEAH!) for the theme of our weekend (though he was in Vegas as well), we did in fact party with an Olympian.

This is Tim. He played Table Tennis for Team USA!
He had really cool pics from London, the Opening & Closing ceremonies, his matches, and everything! (Including pics with Kobe Bryant!)

We sang late 90s to early 2000s pop songs all the way TO Las Vegas and all the way back. Ah Backstreet Boys, you're an endless source of entertainment. Good times.

We are the (un)sexiest people I know.
The key to leading people to believe you're tipsy without actually being tipsy? Don't be afraid to completely make a fool out of yourself. Just takes an ounce of courage, loud music, BFFs, and some really spectacular dance moves.

As we say for writing first drafts, don't be afraid to suck (this coming from a girl who can't dance, trust). You'll have so much more fun. :)

Happy Friday and weekend, friends! I'm going to go sleep for a million years now (so exhausted!).

Source:  http://jezzeru.tumblr.com/post/29790014380 / studio ghibli


Q4U: What's the most ridiculous thing you've done in public?

12 comments:

linda said...

So envious! Looks like you girls had a total blast :D Love all the gorgeous dresses!

Connie Keller said...

I love the ninja photo. I'm so glad you had such a good time!!

BTW, lovely dresses.

Julie Dao said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!!

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Aww, that looks so awesome :)

Barbara Ann Wright said...

I danced in front of a whole restaurant full of people when it was my birthday, that was pretty embarrassing. Was also not drunk, but I was competing against someone else, and that brought out my foolish side. ^_^ Looks like you had lots of fun. Happy Everything!

Angela Brown said...

You were definitely the party rockers in every house you were in, including The Library. Bet there weren't any librarians to "shush" you :-)

The smiles are genuine, the fun for reals, and the poses spectacular. So much awesomeness - Vegas style.

Um, I'm trying NOT to think of the most ri-dunk-ulous thing I've done in public. I'm sure the embarrassment has tucked whatever those moments are into a safe little nook in my mind and bound it shut with duct tape and super glue.

Lydia Kang said...

Probably sing about penises. That was during my feminist a capella college years...don't get me started.

You guys look so cute and gorgeous! Even when you're goofy.

Lori M. Lee said...

You guys are both gorgeous and hilarious. Looks like a ton of fun! And happy birthday again! :D

Most embarrassing thing I've done in public... Umm. Dropped my skirt? (on accident!) Stand over a spouting fountain and pretend to pee? >_>;;;; (not on accident but I had the company of my sisters so... And visual evidence.)

Golden Eagle said...

It looks like you had a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

Waaaaaa!!!!
It was great reading this, with all the pictures. It's obvious you had a great time. Yay for best friends and girl get together(s). :)

Sophia Chang said...

So....I dance like that too...but not as a joke...

Unknown said...

Rubbing elbows with an Olympian? That surely was a memorable Vegas trip! I think that’s the good thing about Vegas – you never know who you might see and meet. But aside from meeting someone famous, I guess your trip went on just fine. Going to clubs and dancing is one way to enjoy the place. And you don’t need to be a dancer to fire up the dance floor! Just do your moves and enjoy the moment!

Regards,
Ella Fleming