1. Saw the Avengers twice, once with Krispy and her sister, and then again with Krispy again and our mutual medical-student-who-is-graduating-today-congratulations! It was very entertaining, humorous and action-packed and every hero has a chance to shine, and oh the villain Loki, how he shines too, with the brilliance of a supernova refracted a thousandfold by a million diamonds. (Okay, okay, so Krispy and I have a thing for Loki/Tom Hiddleston.) Even though the movie is a whopping ~2.5 hours long, it doesn't feel long. Be sure to stay until the credits end for a second extra scene!
2. I've been playing this stupid iPad game called Lil Kingdom where I only just discovered today that it's possible to build a Unicorn Ranch and hatch a unicorn out of an egg. It's a stubby li'l unicorn that wiggles when it prances and otherwise stands around literally shedding purple glitter everywhere. It's like all of my dreams come true. Or one of them, anyway.
3. Coming soon! A post on why Escaflowne is one of the greatest anime series ever.
4. I've been learning how to do opaque enameling on copper. Provided you have a kiln heated to 1500°F, a long fork, a heat-protective glove, a trivet and tray, enamel powder, a sifter, a dust mask, and a properly cleaned piece of metal, it's not all that difficult. Unless, you know, you want to do something more interesting than one solid color. But what is life without challenge?
5. Li'l Hawkeye came to me courtesy of Krispy and her sister, who, understanding that I am a Hawkeye hater for various reasons both reasonable and unreasonable, saw him at Target and knew that he belonged with me. He came with me to see the Avengers. While he was happy to see himself so large on the silver screen, he was immensely saddened by the fact that within the first five minutes of the film, my opinion of him as lame proved totally justified.
|Someday, Li'l Hawkeye believes he will become a real superhero.|
Until then, he's going to wear this pink cape and pretend.