Those of you who guessed #3 as the lie, YOU ARE CORRECT! I am not ambidextrous. Just plain-old right-handed. My mom, on the other hand (see what I did there), is ambidextrous by necessity. She is naturally left handed, but since that was not fashionable, she was forced to learn right-handedness.
So yes, my friends and I are as weird as we seem. Here's some explanation on my truths.
1. TRUE - Fake girl pop group: A product of the pop explosion of the 90s + our being impressionable, hyperactive tweens. We were named SMACK. Yes, I'm the K in that acronym. There are no actual videos of all 5 of us performing. Thank goodness for small favors...
2. TRUE - Star Wars at the beach: BFFs and I are pretty into Star Wars. It was summer, and Ep. 3 had come out a few months before. We like making stupid videos. So we re-enacted the end of Obi-Wan & Anakin's epic battle. Turns out sand makes for pretty good special effects! Yes, there is a video of this...
4. TRUE - 50 states in alphabetical order: Yes, I can do this, and when I do it, I have to sing it. Yep, a singing version of the 50 states in alphabetical order. We had to learn this song in 5th grade, and I've had it memorized since then. State capitols are another story.
Now for ALZ's 3 truths and a lie!
1. I can read at a rate of 100+ pages an hour, and I do not mean skimming, I mean serious reading-every-word reading.
2. When I was seven, I got lost in the woods while camping and ended up first chasing and then being chased by a flock of turkeys.
3. I like to eat my cotton candy with French fries.
4. The first real original short story I ever wrote as a child involved an evil black unicorn that killed children and turned them into its zombie servants.
(Alz: And here's a self-pinkified pic of my
What are your guesses for Alz? Answers on Wednesday. Have a great weekend everyone!