9.10.2010

Randomosity on Fridays: Vacation Edition

Don't you LOVE these short weeks? It's Friday already! Yay! Likely, the next time I'll see you will be next Friday as I will be on vacation starting tonight (I really wanted to say NOW, but alas, 'tis not so!). When I arrive on the Eastern shore, I may pop in during the week if I have internet and time and show you what I've been up to.

Until then, have a fantastic weekend and week! :D

1. I don't know why I'm such a time optimist when it comes to certain things - things that inevitably take at least twice as long as I think they will. Thus, my optimism only ever brings me stress and suffering. Guess that makes me some kind of masochist too?

2. Following that, I suck at packing. It takes me FOREVER. The sister, on the flip side, is REALLY GOOD at it. Usually, I mooch off her superior abilities, but she left earlier. Sad times. Do you suck at packing or are you a super packer like the sister?

3. I signed up for Elana, Jen, and Alex's Great Blogging Experiment on Sept. 24. It's about Writing Compelling Characters. Um, right... I might make Alz write that one.

4. I had a dilemma yesterday - what to wear onto the plane? I mean, do I go for comfort and be a slob or do I try to look kind of presentable since I'm getting to my destination in the morning and will have to SEE people, maybe even INTERACT with them? I settled for something in between (I think); I tend to dress comfortably anyway. I just hope it doesn't look too slovenly. How do you dress for travel - slob or chic?

5. Finally, a friend let me in on some squee-worthy news! It totally made my morning! Awesome possum start to the weekend.

Aaaand I'm off to NYC!

6 comments:

Tere Kirkland said...

Have a fun vacation!

I'm actually an overpacker. I pack waaay more than I need. I don't like it when I get somewhere and want my favorite t-shirt to relax in, the kind I won't actually leave my hotel room in.

On the plane I strive for comfortable, yet chic, and I dress in layers because I'm never a comfortable or consistent temperature during the flight.

Hope you have a great time!

Bast said...

I signed up for Elana's blogging experiment too -- that's how I found your blog.

Anyway, I'm a horrible packer. And this sucks because this weekend I will also be packing. I wish it was to go on vacation -- that'd be easier. I'm actually moving into a new apartment ... so everything needs to be packed.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Travel days... I dress for comfort. I used to overpack for trips but lately I've been better about that.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Oh, and I signed up for the experiment too. Should be fun!

Krispy said...

Tere- I'm totally like that too! That's why I overpack. Think I did ok for this trip though...

Quinn- Cool! Welcome to A Nudge. Good luck with moving! That kind of packing is the worst, but unpacking is almost as bad.

Nicole- Welcome! Will def. check out your post for the experiment. :) I ended up dressing mostly for comfort too.

Danyelle L. said...

Travel safe!

I'm the same kind of optimist. It stinks. >.< I think I'm a super packer. We usually pack the morning we're leaving. :D (Or just a good procrastinator.)

Yay! I signed up for it too! It'll be fun to see what everyone comes up with. :D