"Currently..." updates will be every 2 weeks or so. Going to try to update on Tuesdays when Katy Upperman posts hers.
I found the Currently post at Kate Hart's blog, who got the idea from Amy Lukavics, who found it here. Please join in and link me in the comments if you do!
- Um, my new Instagram account! I know, I have a few, but now that we can easily switch between accounts, I thought WHY NOT. My primary IG is still @akangaru, but I now have @threadedpages for my book-related posts aka a bookstagram account (with a fashion-y lens). Hope you'll check it out and give it a follow if you like it. :)
- The Supergirl x the Flash crossover episode! Those 2 darling cinnamon rolls are so adorkable together, I love it. Please more Barry and Kara. It's the simple things people.
- My continuing Nerd Travel blog series with Nerdcoolture. So far, we have posted about WHY we travel and HOW we travel. It's been so fun discussing my travel plans and hearing other people's perspectives on it. I hope you'll join in and stick with us!
- Nerdcoolture: Why Nerds Travel Pt. 1 (Video Games) and Pt. 2 (Alice-inspired: Stories)
- Girl on the Roam: Why Nerds Travel Pt. 1 (Stories)
- Nerdcoolture: How Nerds Travel Pt. 1 (Level Up Your Plans)
- Girl on the Roam: How Nerds Travel Pt. 1 (Preparations)
- Nerdcoolture: How Nerds Travel Pt. 2 (Alice-inspired: Prep)
- An amazing video the Sister caught of Loki being his usual ridiculous puppy self. Will upload it to his IG account soon (@dogdaysofloki, fyi), but until then, have a Flower Bunki for Easter.
A Gathering of Shadows - still reading this because I am procrastinating getting to the end because I don't want to leave Red London yet.
Lucifer Vol. 4 - I'm fast approaching the end of this one too.
Daredevil Season 2 - I think I like Season 1 more in that it kind of felt more focused and Matt was less (as someone put it on Twitter) Harry-Potter-in-the-Order-of-the-Phoenix-ish. BUT the show is still so good (the follow-up to Hallway Fight Scene is another stunner), and Jon Bernthal's Punisher is tremendous - brutal and legitimately scary but also sympathetic. I was a little on the fence about Elektra, but she won me over as the season progressed, especially as the show took pains to turn her original hero's-plot-device type role and made it so that it was about her own character journey. Not to mention, she too appreciates pie and Matt Murdock's hotness. Woman after my own heart, tbh.
The Walking Dead - why. That's really all I have to say about the stress and dread of the last few episodes leading up to next week's season finale. Why.
Room - I don't know how the precious Jacob Tremblay didn't get nominated for a Globe or Oscar.
- The Poe Dameron comic book - because obviously.
- The return of my friend from her vacation + The Force Awakens DVD release! You bet there's going to be a viewing party!
- Seeing my sweet Lydia Kang this week! Eeeee! We have been friends on line for a while, and the only time we have met in real life was at Comic Con 2013. It was a whirlwind.
- Seeing Elizabeth Briggs and Jessica Love IRL this weekend at Elizabeth's launch party!
I had more sewing/crafting skills - or barring that more funds - because there is some truly glorious geek fashion out there. And I'm about to cut up some Forever 21 pants as a shortcut to getting a piece I need for a possible closet cosplay in the future. So really, wish me luck.
An upcoming trip! Oh yes, I'll be off again thanks to affordable airfares!
MAKING ME HAPPY
- Celebrating one of my best friend's birthdays this weekend in almost the same way we did last year - with tacos and lipstick.
- The return of Loki to the Marvel comics universe. I said no more comic books, but I caved and bought 1 issue of the new The Mighty Thor to see how post-Agent of Asgard Loki shakes out against the new (female!) Thor. I regret nothing.
- Speaking of Loki, our pup turned 4! I can't believe we've had him for that long. Of course, we took a bunch of stupid Loki-themed pictures and made him wait for his birthday treats.
- Organizing my make-up. This is not all of it, but it's the stuff I use most. (I might be a little obsessed with Bite Beauty lipsticks...)
- Unexpected and lovely surprises in the mail. I had to stop my OwlCrate subscription briefly (to save some money), but I loved this last box, and my book fairy @Celeste_Pewter sent me a box of wonderful arcs, including Claire Legrand's upcoming MG SOME KIND OF HAPPINESS.
- AND! Jordan of one of my favorite geeky clothing shops, Jordanene, sent me a package with a sneak peek of next month's limited edition shirt. I CAN'T WAIT to share it with you! For now, here's a pic of something else from her shop: Matt the Radar Technician Tee/Tank.
What's your Currently? Let me know what you've been up to in the comments!